Mini Frontpage is an advanced news display module for Joomla. It displays the joomla articles from selected categories with date, thumbnail, excerpt in various design and layout.
It’s simple and easy to use. It also comes with many parameters to configure, to help you to create a good looking news block for your Joomla website quickly.
Please note that Mini Frontpage Version 3.xx is not an upgrade version, the codebase is totally different with previous 2.xx versions.
So if you have Mini Frontpage version 2.xx installed before, your recent module settings will be erased and you will need to re-visit the module backend after installation process to re-configure the module setting.
- Multiple item support, you can publish multiple Minifrontpage modules in the same page
- Responsive Design, the module will look good in any device
- Flexible parameters to suit your needs, from basic parameters such article category source, show hide introtext with trim function, articles filter etc, to theme based parameters such as number of column, custom date format, thumbnail posistion etc
- Theme skin, each theme may comes with some skins for alternate style. If you know css, you can make your own theme skin and upload it to Minifrontpage skin folder
- CSS adjustment.
If you just need to make small style modification, there’s also a css adjustment field to add css override/modification without touching the physical file.
- Joomla 4 ready
Standard Version vs Pro
Mini Frontpage Pro
|All Basic Mini Frontpage Functions and Theme|
|Generate thumbnail from external website / source|
|Youtube as item background (Depends on Theme)|
|Time ago date format|
Legend [+] = Added [-] = Fixed [*] = Changed [^] = Moved [x] = Deleted
Version 3.0.1 - 07-02-2020
- Changed time range field from text input into select in the module's backend
Version 3.0.0 - 30-01-2020
* Codebase refactoring
+ Joomla 4 Support
Version 2.2.3 - 2/06/2014
+ Added modified date option to article ordering
- Fixed word cut problem with UTF8 languages
Version 2.2.2 - 25/05/2013
- Fixed php 5.3 issue, missing intro and full images check
Version 2.2.1 - 29/12/2012
- Fixed thumbnail alignment option to work on all theme layouts
Version 2.2.0 - 21/11/2012
+ Added support for intro and fulltext images uploaded from Article Parameters has been added. Now the thumbnail images source can be either from intro or fulltext image parameter or inserted image from Editor.
* All included functions in helper.php now changed as class members
+ Added image.php file for thumbnail processing (thanks to JoomlaBamboo's for the file)
Version 2.1.4 J.3 Version - 5/10/2012
+ Added New Joomla! 3.0 version
- Fixed the trouble about multibyte functions in PHP for non-english symbols
* Changed the installation version in xml to become fully 2.5
- Fixed the trouble about the Division by Zero (at Joomla 2.5 Native)
- Fixed the trouble about the Article Title still appear in spite off at the parameter as NO
- Fixed the trouble about zeros are not displaying in the introtext
+ Add The option of Featured Articles
Version 2.0 - 15/01/2012
+ Initial Release 2.0 version